Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Hangover: Part II (2011)

Starring: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis
Director: Todd Phillips

Here we go again...

The Wolfpack is back, and they are once again having to retrace their steps after a not-so-unforgettable night. Phil, Stu, and Doug (Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis respectively) are in Thailand to attend Stu's wedding, but things go airy when they wake up in a shady motel in Bangkok and find that the groom's future brother-in-law (Mason Lee) has gone missing. They go out to look for him, and in the process get into all sorts of shenanigans, particularly when a returning Leslie Chow (once again played by Ken Jeong) and a cigarette- smoking monkey (Chrystal) get involved.

There isn't much more I can really say about this movie. I mean, I can, but it would involve spoiling a bunch of the jokes. So I will just say that it is both entertaining and funny. It's not quite as good as the first one, but it's fairly close; not bad for a sequel. I guess my only criticism is that it's basically the same movie as the original. Obviously, the specific details are different, but the basic story-line is practically identical. But to be honest, this really didn't bother me that much. After all, it's a comedy, which tend to be less dependent on their plots and more on the jokes they provide. And the filmmakers managed to make it interesting enough so that even if you have some idea of what will happen next, you will still look forward to it.

Well, that's pretty much it. If you liked the first film, you will like this one, but I also recommend it in a general sense as well.

I don't own the rights to the poster above. It's for entertainment purposes only. Please don't sue me. But you can sue Leslie Chow; he's cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment